Following my previous post here, I will continue with the 3rd step for Lean implementation in IT/Software setup. Let me explain what the symptoms of poor communication are:
- Disconnect among management, people, project stakeholders and the customer.
- Not asking the right questions. Read more…
This is the second post for implementing Lean in Knowledge Work based on Harvard Business Review article here, you can read my previous post about visualising waste here. When trying to make knowledge explicit, we should appreciate the following:
- People are non-fungible. People differentiate themselves based on their character and ethics.
- Skills are levelled: We will continue to have people of varied degree of competency in certain skill.
- Having knowledge explicit will never replace people and their interactions. Read more…